Subject: Mold

Mold

From: Iona McCraith <mccraii<-a>
Date: Thursday, July 17, 1997
The Archives of Ontario is currently developing guidelines
pertaining to the protection of archives staff handling mould
infected material.  We are interested in finding out how other
institutions have dealt with this issue.

I would be interested in receiving copies of guidelines and/or
policies and procedures, from other institutions which already have
them in place.  We are looking at  guidelines from the health and
safety perspective and also at procedures on handling the collection
material, notifying appropriate personnel, etc.

I am also interested in any comments people have about training they
have provided to staff on this issue and the format of that
training.

    **** Moderator's comments:   In Conservation OnLine see the Mold
    page <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/bytopic/mold/> and the
    Health and Safety page