Subject: Thickness of diazo film stock

Thickness of diazo film stock

From: Pam Bjornson <pmb<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 15, 1997
This query is posted on behalf of Myriam McCormack
<myriam.mccormack<-a t->nlc-bnc< . >ca>

    It appears that there are fewer companies currently
    manufacturing .7 mil film for use as diazo microfiche.  Many
    companies are now using film that is .5 mil and our service
    bureau has suggested that we could switch without any loss of
    quality or durability.

    Can someone relate their experiences with the use of .5 mil film
    stock. Is the .5 mil diazo film as durable as the .7 mil film?
    Does it make any difference at all?

    Is there an ANSI standard describing the optimum thickness for
    diazo film stock?

Pam Bjornson

                  Distributed: Tuesday, July 15, 1997