Subject: Spun polyethylene

Spun polyethylene

From: Gill Comerford <g.comerford<-a>
Date: Friday, July 11, 1997
Do any of you know where to get hold of spun polyethylene? I am
looking for a supplier in Britain, preferably. I am going to use
this material as a substitute for cotton wool. Although we stopped
using cotton wool many years ago we have never found a really good
alternative for those very very delicate specimens. If you have any
experience with this material I would be interested to hear from
you, especially if you have any knowledge of it's long term
stability/suitability or alternatives. Many thanks,

Gill Comerford
Conservation Scientist
Conservation Unit
Palaeontology Department