Subject: Monitoring vibration

Monitoring vibration

From: Colin Jenner <colin<-a>
Date: Saturday, June 7, 1997
We are about to have major restructuring work carried out to the
foundations of our building while the galleries are still open.  We
are keen to find the most effective method of detecting vibration
that might carry through the building to the works of art on the
upper floors.  Has anybody any experience in this area, are there
acceptable limits of the various modes of vibration and can anybody
suggest practical ways of limiting the vibration that will occur?

Colin Jenner
The Wallace Collection

                  Distributed: Tuesday, July 15, 1997