Subject: Polyester welding machines

Polyester welding machines

From: Henry Grunder <hgrunder<-a>
Date: Thursday, July 10, 1997
It is hubris on my part to put myself forward as a standard-setter;
but I found the recent thread about "Polyester welding machines"
confusing. Could I suggest that the term "encapsulation" be
reserved for application strictly to situations in which it is
indeed a "capsule"--as distinct from, as Anne Clapp wrote, "folders
or envelopes"? Pace Clapp, she did indeed use the terms "complete
encapsulation" and "partial encapsulation," the latter encompassing
"folders and envelopes." But to me that seems a contradiction in
terms.

I could live with the confusion, but frequently have to explain
things to others, and find the human attention span growing ever
shorter.

Henry Grunder

                  Distributed: Thursday, July 10, 1997