Subject: Barcoding

Barcoding

From: Annie Armour <aarmour<-a>
Date: Thursday, July 10, 1997
Todd Ellison <ellison_t<-a t->fortlewis< . >edu> writes

>We are in the process of associating each of our artifacts with a
>unique bar code number.  How would you recommend attaching the bar
>code label to the object?  We don't intend to actually tape the
>label directly onto an object

I read several years ago about how the "Biltmore" was barcoding
museum objects.  I can't even remember the magazine I saw it in.  At
any rate, they probably have more reliable information now that
they've been doing it for awhile.  Contact them.  They'd probably be
happy to help.

Annie Armour
University of the South
Sewanee, Tennessee 37383