Subject: Magnetic photo albums

Magnetic photo albums

From: Heather Tudhope <lampy<-a>
Date: Saturday, June 21, 1997
Recently I was searching the Distlist Archives for information on
Deteriorating Magnetic Photo Albums.  I found the question I wanted
to pose but no responses so I will ask it again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove photographs and
paper materials that are attached to deteriorated magnetic photo
album pages?

We can easily tell individuals not to buy these albums because they
will stick to and cause staining to photographs but what can they
and/or we as conservators do to take them out of the albums?

Heather Tudhope
Conservator of Paper
Rocky Mountain Conservation Center

                   Distributed: Monday, June 23, 1997