Subject: Storage of textiles

Storage of textiles

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447<-a>
Date: Sunday, June 22, 1997
The following is in response to Scott Campbell's enquiry regarding
the protection of a clothing collection.

A number of years ago we were contacted by a body representing some
of the the United Kingdom's regional museums and asked to
manufacture a low cost hard wearing costume bag based on a tried and
tested design which some museums had been making themselves
in-house.

Over the years the style has changed little, we now make a wide
variety of sizes including bags to take judges ceremonial gowns,
guardsmens jackets and battledress. The protective bags are designed
to accept hangers and have a velcro side fastening for improved
protection and ease of opening. A polyester label holder on front is
also provided for labelling purposes.

Our US office in Virginia 800-634-6932 will be able to supply full
product information plus details of made to order services. To
compliment the range a longer flat packed textile storage box
measuring 38 x 24 x 6 inches has recently been designed and is just
one of a handful of new products featured in the company's 1997
Supplement.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources
England