Subject: Storage of textiles

Storage of textiles

From: Scott Campbell <ScottCampbell<-a>
Date: Wednesday, June 18, 1997
We have a clothing collection which we are moving into our archives.
We want to store them on hangers and in such a way that dust cannot
settle on the clothing. The DeYoung Museum in San Francisco uses muslin
bags and then houses their clothing in metal cabinets to control dust.
We cannot afford the cabinetry right now, either financially or in
terms of space requirements. So, I would like to know if anyone uses or
knows of a manufacturer of plastic clothing bags which are constructed
of polypropylene or another safe form of plastic. Thanks for your
help,

Scott Campbell,
Director, Adidam Sacred Archives

                   Distributed: Friday, June 20, 1997