Subject: Hydrogen peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide

From: Dean DeBolt <ddebolt<-a>
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 1997
Our local paper ran a story today about a local environmental
magazine whose publisher has switched to TCF (total chlorine free)
paper.  It notes that only one paper mill produced TCF paper and
that mill uses hydrogen peroxide to bleach the paper.

I admit some curiosity as to whether this process has any
detrimental affects on the paper, for example increased acidity??

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 17, 1997