Subject: Polystyrene

Polystyrene

From: Jim Lindner <vidipax<-a>
Date: Tuesday, June 17, 1997
I would appreciate hearing any information about the longevity
issues associated with polystyrene and styrenes in general.  I have
heard about yellowing, brittleness, and crazing over time, but I am
particularly interested in outgassing, and general decomposition
issues including problems with plasticisers (if any).  I would
appreciate any citations for studies or papers in this area.  Also,
is anyone having problems with polystyrene enclosures over
time--particularly cases used to house CD's? Thanks,

Jim Lindner
VidiPax
The Magnetic Media Restoration Company
450 West 31 Street - 4th Floor