Subject: Moving collections

Moving collections

From: Jaap van der Burg <burgcon<-a>
Date: Monday, June 9, 1997
Holland Jane <hollanj<-a t->mczcr< . >gov< . >on< . >ca>

>One constant request I receive is for information on packing and
>moving whole collections, as museums move into new premises or
>undertake capital upgrading to their permanent facilities.  To this
>end, I am collecting a file of articles on the subject

Herewith a transcript of the paper I gave for the ICOM CC meeting in
Edinburgh last year, "The Deltaplan, The way it worked". The paper
was not included in the pre-prints. There may be a lot of spelling
mistakes etc. but I hope it is still interesting for you. Since
november I started with my own company in Holland named Collection
Care & Consult <URL:http://www.xs4all.nl/~gerlach/ccc/> Please let
me know wether I can be of any assistance

    **** Moderator's comments: This paper is available in CoOL
    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byauth/vanderburg/delta.html>

Jaap van der Burg

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 17, 1997