Subject: Call for increased participation in discussions

Call for increased participation in discussions

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-a>
Date: Monday, June 16, 1997
There was a great deal oif discussion at the AIC meetings in San
Diego about this list and the Objects Specialty Group one, both of
which are increasingly useful.  Many people thanked me for my
constant stream of comments (I assume that those who aren't so
thankful didn't speak up!)  I would like to encourage in as strong
terms as possible everyone else to put in their two cents.  The nice
thing about e-mail-based communications is that they are informal,
more like marginal notes than even memos or letters.  Also, they are
very helpful in getting information around in the most efficient way
and getting people to think about things. I think that people
understand the nature of the beast and don't treat an object based
on one off-hand note.  So please feel free to log on--the more you
do it the easier it gets.

B. Appelbaum

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 17, 1997