Subject: Brillianize

Brillianize

From: Jim Whitelaw <whitelaw<-a>
Date: Monday, June 9, 1997
Julie L. Sloan <jsloan<-a t->mail< . >computer< . >net> writes

>Can anyone tell me what Brillianize is...

Brillianize is a cleaning solution for plastic glazing such as
plexiglas etc.  It should be available from any large plexiglas
distributor in your area.  It works very well as intended, but it
seems to leave a slight coating on the surface.  I have heard that
some previous attempts to get the formula from the manufacturer have
been fruitless.  It comes in small quantities up to 55 gallon drums
according to Read Plastics in Rockville Md. who carry it
301-881-7900).  The manufacturer is Chemical Products Inc of Omaha
Nebraska.  In my experience, some museums and conservators use it to
clean plexi, while others absolutely avoid it, presumably due to the
unknown nature of any residue it may leave on the plexi. In the
institution where I used work the preferred method of cleaning these
products was a slightly damp chamois, which works well indeed.

James Whitelaw

                   Distributed: Monday, June 9, 1997