Subject: Brillianize

Brillianize

From: Lynda Zycherman <conserve<-a>
Date: Monday, June 9, 1997
Julie L. Sloan <jsloan<-a t->mail< . >computer< . >net> writes

>Can anyone tell me what Brillianize is...

At the Museum of Modern Art in New York, our art handlers use this
product frequently to clean and polish our many Plexiglass or
acrylic vitrines.  I admit that I also use it on some of our
industrial objects in the Design collection, as well as on plastic
items from my personal collection.

The bottle states that Brillianize is an anti-static cleaner and
polish for plastics and shining surfaces.  The back of the bottle
states that it is approved for cleaning and polishing Plexiglas,
Lexan, Acrylite and Lucite, etc.  Manufacturer is Chemical Products
Co. Inc., and for the nearest distributor call 1-800-445-9344.  We
obtain it from a plastics supply house.

Lynda A. Zycherman
Conservator
Museum of  Modern Art