Subject: Conservation of microfilm

Conservation of microfilm

From: Miguel Hernandez <fmontero<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 5, 1997
I'm writing this message on behalf of Marie Vander Meeren, who doesn't
have access to e-mail.

Does anybody know the composition of microfilm? or has a reference
of where can I find this information?

Which are the best environmental conditions for the conservation of
microfilm?

Which are the best materials for microfilm storage?

I have found mould on microfilm in Oaxaca, Mexico. Does any body
know what kind of biocide will be safe to use on microfilm?

Marie Vander Meeren
Paper Conservator
Escuela Nacional de Conservacion, Restauracion y Museografia
Mexico

                   Distributed: Friday, June 6, 1997