Subject: Color terminology

Color terminology

From: Anne Lane <alane<-a>
Date: Monday, May 26, 1997
We are in the process of trying to standardize the terminology we
use in our cataloguing, and our Curator of Art was wondering if
there is any standard terminology for color shades, with of course a
chart appended. Someone recalled that there was something of the
kind used, when we had an archaeology department, to describe the
colors of soils, but we need something much broader.  Any help or
information you conservation/restoration folk can give would be much
appreciated.

Anne Lane
Curatorial Assistant
Museum of York County