Subject: Storage of paintings

Storage of paintings

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 5, 1997
Carol Clausen <carol_clausen<-a t->occshost< . >nlm< . >nih< . >gov> writes

>We have a small (29) collection of framed oil paintings in need of a
>simple, inexpensive storage arrangement. The solution I have come up
>with is to have heavy cardboard boxes made to hold 5 or 6 paintings
>each, with heavy corrugated cardboard sheets separating the
>paintings from each other.

May I suggest you consider polypropylene for this application? We
use "Coroplast" die cut and folded into 24 X 36 inch lidded boxes
for storing wedding gowns. This "corrugated" plastic material is
available in a number of thicknesses, and may also be available in
translucent sheets as well.

A box and top/lid with a "telescoping" design would not be difficult
to make.  I am certain my boxmaker could design such a box for your
application.  If you cannot find a local source, please feel free to
contact me directly.

Jerry Shiner
Forever Yours Bridal Gown Preservation
& Keepsafe Systems Inc.