Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <whenry<-a>
Date: Friday, June 6, 1997
1.  As always, the DistList will go on hiatus during the AIC
    meeting. If there is enough traffic to warrant it, there will be
    one more mailing on Monday Jun 6, 1997 (the final mailing of our
    10th year!) and mailings will resume the week of June 16. You
    are welcome to send in postings during the hiatus, and they will
    be processed when we get back from San Diego.

2.  If you are leaving and your account is going to disappear (e.g.
    students), *please* send a note to
    consdist-request<-a t->lindy< . >stanford< . >edu saying "unsub". Do *not*
    simply go away and let your mail start bouncing. This causes me
    an enormous amount of work.

    If you are going on vacation, do not send an unsub message. Just
    send a note saying
      set nomail until Sept. 1 (or whatever date you'll return).

    Similarly, if your address is changing, don't unsub; just send a
    not saying
        change myoldaddressWhich is found in this domain_somewhere to mynewaddress@somewhereelse
        (substituting the actual addresses of course)

    Obviously, these requests will not be processed until after the
    meeting, but you are welcome to send them any time.

                   Distributed: Friday, June 6, 1997