Subject: Exhibits on conservation

Exhibits on conservation

From: Gail Niinimaa <niinimaa<-a>
Date: Friday, May 23, 1997
Jackie Zak <jzak<-a t->getty< . >edu> writes

>One of my co-workers is interested in learning how many museums have
>a gallery or permanent exhibit dedicated to conservation of any
>type.

In 1991 in Sweden, the Livrustkammaren, Skoklosters Slott and
Hallwyska Museet mounted an exhibition "Bevarandets Hemlightet" (The
Secret of Preservation Revealed).  This was an excellent temporary
exhibition on Textile, Paper and Metal conservation.  A catalogue
was produced which is called "Bevarandets Hemlightet"

Gail Niinimaa
Textile Conservator

                   Distributed: Friday, May 23, 1997