Subject: Ink on glass

Ink on glass

From: Ramona Duncan-Huse <rduncan<-a>
Date: Thursday, May 22, 1997
Susan Martin <srmartin<-a t->mtu< . >edu> writes

>I am looking for expertise about cleaning and conserving an
>engineering model of a mine, done on layers of glass with colored
>inks. The inks are beginning to deteriorate.

Contact Linda Witowski, Paintings Conservator at the Indianapolis Museum of
Art. She has had years of experience testing ink and paint films on movie
cells and consolidated a hinterglas painting for our collection a few years
back.  She is not online; her address follows:

    Indianapolis Museum of Art
    1800 38th Street
    Indianapolis, IN.
    317-923-1331