Subject: Metal on paper collage

Metal on paper collage

From: Daria Keynan <dkeynan<-a>
Date: Friday, May 16, 1997
I am sharing my studio at the moment with a Roy Lichtenstein
collage. It moved in about 2 months ago,I was to treat it and return
it to the owner but as I am at a loss as to how to treat it, it is
getting comfortable on its shelf--and I still at a loss. It is a
collage from the 'Entablature' series  Printed by Tyler Graphics in
1976. It is a screen print w/collage and embossing, the collage
elements are two strips one mat and textured and one glossy and
smooth of silver foil (rather thick for foil).

The metal is detaching from the paper.  In one area of the glossy
strip it is raised about  1-2-3/4 cm above the paper, the metal
appears to have stretched or expanded and if I just press it back
will crease and fold.  Has anyone had experience with this or a
similar problem? Is there some way to get the metal back to its
original form and dimension?  I have contacted Tyler and have a lot
of technical information about the piece but non of it is of any use
in solving the problem. Any advice is welcome,

Daria Keynan
212-645-5245
Fax: 212-645-2590

                   Distributed: Monday, May 19, 1997