Subject: Noxon

Noxon

From: David G Anderson <anderson<-a>
Date: Friday, May 16, 1997
David Harvey <toptendave<-a t->aol< . >com> writes

>Henry Grunder called me about this problem.  He needs to polish
>copper engraving  plates once used to produce map engravings.

On the problem of cleaning copper printing plates, we offer a simple
solution: *Don't* clean them at all!

We have proofed several hundred-year-old copper photogravure plates
and found that even stained and corroded plates print so well after
a simple solvent rubdown that there is no need to even *attempt* to
remove the annoying corrosion. Surprising perhaps, but true.

David G. Anderson
Bethune-Thompson Historic House
Williamstown, Ontario K0C 2J0
Canada