Subject: Spine labeling

Spine labeling

From: Scott Hackstadt <scott<-a>
Date: Monday, May 12, 1997
I am responding to a recent letter criticizing Vernon Library
Supplies label printing software (VLPS).  Vernon created VLPS in
response to inadequate spine and pocket label printing systems in
the library market.  While VLPS does support many online systems
such as OCLC, including Passport for Windows, Innopac, DRA, and
others, there are occasions where VLPS is incompatible with some
software or hardware.

Vernon Library Supplies is committed to providing the highest level
of customer service.  In this case, our programmer worked
extensively with the cataloging department to correct their problems
with the software.  We analyzed the actual data file they were
using, sent updated versions with custom programming, and extended
the support contract while we worked to correct any problems.  There
are many libraries which use VLPS and would be willing to
enthusiastically endorse the program. If a customer is not fully
satisfied with our products, we will work diligently to remedy the
situation and even provide a full refund if our efforts do not
adequately resolve the problem.

Scott Hackstadt
Vernon Library Supplies, Inc.
2851 Cole Ct.