Subject: Petroleum ether

Petroleum ether

From: Steven D. Smith <smith<-a>
Date: Wednesday, May 7, 1997
I've received a query from someone who has inherited a quantity of
petroleum ether. She would like to know what it can be used for, how
long it lasts on the shelf, and what if any safety precautions should be
taken during use. Does anyone have any advice I could pass along?
Thanks,

Steven D. Smith
Preservation Service Field Services Officer
AMIGOS Bibliographic Council, Inc.
12200 Park Central Dr., Suite 500
Dallas, TX  75251-2104
Fax: 972-991-6061