Subject: Spine labeling

Spine labeling

From: Johanna Wellheiser <jwellheiser<-a>
Date: Thursday, May 8, 1997
printing programme that was developed inhouse.  It is used to
capture the bibliographic information from our online catalogue
(VTLS) that we need for monograph labels, although the screen can be
edited as needed, and used for serials and periodicals if necessary.
We can produce spine labels with call no. and location, as well a
supplementary label with author, title and barcode number if
required.  We use the latter for labelling non-roman language
materials, as well as for boxes and  inhouse pamphlet binding. This
system has been going for about six years now (used by Bibliographic
Services for new acquisitions and Preservation Services for inhouse
reboxed/repaired material), and we are pleased with its "workhorse"
reliability.

Johanna Wellheiser
Manager, Preservation Services
Metropolitan Toronto Reference Library