Subject: Discoloured bookcloth

Discoloured bookcloth

From: Uri Kolodni <kolodni<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 1997
After searching several archives with no success, I would like to
ask for an advice. I have a book with cloth binding from 1936. It
looks like the cloth has foxing dots or spots on it. Is it possible
to use some kind of bleaching method with out removing and washing
it? In general, I don't like bleaching at all, also when the item
is washable. Thanks,

Uri Kolodni - Bookbinding & Restoration
18 Zangwill Str.
62599 Tel-Aviv, Israel