Subject: RLG DigiNews

RLG DigiNews

From: Robin Dale <bl.rld<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 1997
The Research Libraries Group (RLG) would like to announce the first
issue of RLG DigiNews, a new web-based, quarterly newsletter
available through RLG PRESERV's home page:
<URL:http://www.rlg.org/preserv/>

Designed in response to RLG member requests for assistance and
information, RLG DigiNews is an easy-to-understand, broadly
conceived information stream on selected worldwide efforts in the
converging fields of preservation and digitization.  We are excited
to be working in cooperation with the Cornell University Library
Department of Preservation and Conservation to provide you with this
new publication.

In addition to the address listed above, RLG DigiNews is also
accessible through the "Web and Print Publications" list on the RLG
home page <URL:http://www.rlg.org/toc.html>.  We encourage you to visit this
site for more information on the wide array of RLG publications.

This inaugural issue of RLG DigiNews is freely available to
everyone.  We are discussing appropriate and convenient means to
make future issues available to our membership (who support its
creation and distribution) while still allowing the general
community to have access to it.  Further plans will be shared in due
course.

For more information about RLG or PRESERV, please contact either
Robin Dale (bl.rld<-a t->rlg< . >org) or Nancy Elkington (bl.nee<-a t->rlg< . >org).

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 30, 1997