Subject: Wet phonograph records

Wet phonograph records

From: Mary Mahoney <mahoney<-a>
Date: Monday, April 28, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well
    Ms. Mahoney has already been pointed to the disaster pages in
    CoOL and to the AIC referral service.

I am not a member of the list, but in need of preservation
assistance for a family problem.  My parents live(d) in Grand Forks,
North Dakota and their home was heavily damaged during the recent
flooding.  The problem is that my father's rather large collection
of record (33s, 45s and albums) are currently under water.  I would
like to know if there is any way to save them.  I have not seen the
situation, but heard the water is quite filthy.  Any assistance will
be appreciated.  I will be giving instructions to family members
over the phone as they drain the basement, and I will personally be
in Grand Forks in a few weeks.

Mary D. Mahoney
Mississippi College
School of Law Library