Subject: Beta radiography

Beta radiography

From: Karen Potje <kpotje<-a>
Date: Monday, April 28, 1997
Can someone tell me if any beta radiation will be left in a drawing
after beta-radiography is used to make an image of its water mark?
If so, does this pose a safety risk to anyone who may handle the
drawing later?  Could it have any effect on the drawing itself?  Are
there any other safety issues we should consider before we embark on
a beta-radiography project?  (We know we must store the plate in a
box and  handle it wearing gloves.) Thank you,

-Karen Potje
Canadian Centre for Architecture

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 29, 1997