Subject: Styrofoam and storage

Styrofoam and storage

From: Julie L. Sloan <jsloan<-a>
Date: Friday, April 25, 1997
I am going to be storing a number of stained glass windows in the
church that they belong to for several years.  This means no climate
control. The windows have to be stored vertically; this is typical
for stained glass.  We want to pack the windows between sheets of
rigid styrofoam, probably with a layer of softer foam for
cushioning. I am concerned about off-gasing from the styrofoam and
soft foam, and about their longevity.  Can anyone recommend a
particular brand of styro- and soft foam, or an alternative
material?

Julie L. Sloan, President
McKernan Satterlee Associates, Inc.
Tonetta Lake Rd., Brewster, NY 10509