Subject: Plastazote

Plastazote

From: Jeff Maish <jmaish<-a>
Date: Friday, April 25, 1997
Jeanne Drewes <jdrewes<-a t->jhu< . >edu> writes

>I am interested in learning more about plastazote.

I was looking into some different hard foam products a couple of
years ago and got some information from Zotefoams, Inc. who produce
(or at least distribute) in the US.  Technical information from
their "Zotegram" states that its " a closed cell crosslinked
polyethylene foam available in plank form.  Zotefoams HD grades are
unique materials with very high impact/compression strength and flex
modulus (stiffness) at a given density".

The high density foams are graded or categorized as HD30, HD60, HD80
and HD115 as their densities increase.  HD grades are available in
black or white.  There is another series of HL foams that I believe
are softer or more compressible.  Apparently the foam is unique in
that high purity nitrogen gas is used as the blowing agent  as
opposed to chemical blowing agents.

PLASTAZOTE, EVAZOTE and SUPAZOTE are (were?) available in the
East from

    Zotefoams, Inc.
    12 Airport Road
    Hackettstown, NJ  07840