Subject: Archaeological amber

Archaeological amber

From: Michael Maggen <maggen<-a>
Date: Saturday, April 19, 1997
Jari Heinonen <jheinone<-a t->sun3< . >oulu< . >fi> writes:

>I would be very glad to get some practical advice and information
>concerning the conservation methods of archaeological amber.
> Any kind of advice are welcome.

Dr. Alexander Shederizky is one of the leading figures in the field
of archeological amber, he is a lecturer in the NYU & Institute of
Fine Art Conservation Program and he is working as well at the Met.
as chemist conservator. At the moment he is Israel as a guest of the
Chemistry Dept. of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He will
return to NY by the end of May, so I believe you would like to
address your questions to him when he is back home.

Michael Maggen
Senior Paper Conservator
The Israel Museum Jerusalem

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 22, 1997