Subject: Collection safety during construction

Collection safety during construction

From: Beth Schobernd <beth.mlbmhs<-a>
Date: Tuesday, April 15, 1997
In May 1998, our campus will begin an extensive renovation project
on the plaza which connects the library with the student center.
This plaza, which covers a large portion of our education
collection, leaks severely--hence the renovation. In spite of our
best efforts, the library has been out of the planning loop for this
project. We have, however, managed to convince the university
administration that the contract must contain specifications which
insure the safety of the collection during the renovation. Rather
than reinvent the wheel, I thought I would first check to see if
anyone out there has written such specifications and if you would be
willing to share them with us.

Beth Schobernd
Preservation Librarian
Illinois State University