Subject: Magnetic pulse weapons

Magnetic pulse weapons

From: Deborah Rohan <county_records_cambridge<-a>
Date: Thursday, April 17, 1997
I would like to get some information on ways and means of protecting
computer equipment from magnetic pulses. During a discussion on
disaster planning, a colleague mentioned that magnetic pulse weapons
are becoming standard items in national arsenals, and that, in the
event of war, they would be used to disable an enemy's computer
systems, communications, civil defense, etc.--which would seriously
hamper their defense. I would like to know how to protect equipment
from this sort of damage, and whether it is easy or difficult to do.

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 17, 1997