Subject: Cabinet

Cabinet

From: Zu-Chun Liao <zchun<-a>
Date: Thursday, April 17, 1997
I am looking for a small cabinet. Since it is too expensive to
important one to my country, I am going to find a local company. I
have talked with a company and I was informed that they are going to
construct the inside cabinet by a kind of cotton which is fireproof.
The cotton is about 2 inches in thick. According to the salesman,
the cabinet will not be affected by the fire. Also, the cabinet is
pretty small; the inside size is about 180cm x 100cm x 50cm (ca.).
According to the salesman, it is impossible for them to apply powder
coating for the paint which is thought as the best method to make a
cabinet. His reason is that the cabinet is too small. By the way, I
am not sure if it is worth to purchase it; or it is better to
import one from other country.

PS: The cabinet which I am looking for is better to have the
following functions:

    1. preventing from the fire and flood attacks
    2. size: inside--180cm x 100cm x 50cm (ca.)
    3. not too heavy
    4. good secure
    5. it is for the holotype collections

Thanks,