Subject: Parylene

Parylene

From: Saloni Ghuwalewala <bjilngp.bom<-a>
Date: Friday, April 11, 1997
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with Parylene Conformal
Coating? I am aware that it is not reversible. Are there any other
disadvantages to using it for the preservation of an extremely
brittle and valuable book? Where can one purchase/order PCC from?
Any other information on this material would be most welcome.

Saloni Ghuwalewala
Paper Conservator
Bombay, India

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 17, 1997