Subject: Courses on geological conservation

Courses on geological conservation

From: Sally Shelton <libsdnhm<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 9, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:   This is an abbreviated
    announcement. The complete information can be found on the News
    page in Conservation OnLine

I am re-posting the following updated course announcement. I'd like
to let everyone know, following several calls, that the preventive
conservation course is not a strict pre-requisite for the advanced
course, particularly for people with a background in conservation.
As the advanced course is scheduled for the week immediately
preceding AIC, also in San Diego, this concern has been brought up
several times lately. We hope to see you out here.

Geological Conservation Courses--1997

    *   Preventive Conservation of Geological Materials: May 27-30
        San Diego Natural History Museum, San Diego, California

    *   Advanced Conservation of Geological Materials: June 1-5
        San Diego Natural History Museum, San Diego, California

    *   Identification of Geological Materials: Sept. 16-19
        Denver Natural History Museum, Denver, Colorado

    *   Conservation and Interpretation of Geological Sites: early
            1998
        Utah Field House of Natural History, Vernal, Utah, and
        Dinosaur National Monument, Jensen, Utah

Cheers,
Sally Shelton
Director, Collections Care and Conservation

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 10, 1997