Subject: Conservation of ephemera

Conservation of ephemera

From: Paula Jeannet <pjeannet<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 9, 1997
I'm looking for small publications on ephemera, particularly their
storage, preservation, and conservation, but also their value to
scholars. I've found quite a lot of material using conventional
info. searches (Chris Makepeace's work is very good), but am having
more trouble finding pamphlets and leaflets on the topic (often
ephemeral items themselves). I am planning to contact the NE
Document Conservation Center and the American Institute for
Conservation, but does anyone know of less well-known sources?
Specifically, does anyone know where I might find copies of the
newsletter of the Ephemera Society ("The Ephemerist"), or
publications of other ephemera organizations, particularly British
ones?

Paula Jeannet
Archivist
Special Collections Library