Subject: Compact storage wheel guidance systems

Compact storage wheel guidance systems

From: Ramona Duncan-Huse <rduncan<-a>
Date: Monday, April 7, 1997
We are interested in discussing the merits of different types of
wheel guidance systems available for compact shelving with users of
this technology.  The types being investigated for our use in a
collection storage setting are: monorail, double wheel flange, and
guide wheels with a trapezoidal tongue machined to exact fit to the
guide track.  If your organization has used any of these systems, we
would appreciate hearing about their performance or drawbacks to a
particular design.  Thank you,

Ramona Duncan-Huse
Head of Conservation
Indiana Historical Society