Subject: Public education

Public education

From: Cathy Atwood <catwood<-a>
Date: Friday, April 4, 1997
On March 29, 1997 I saw an episode of Home Matters (Discovery
Channel) which included taking care of family photographs.  While it
is great to have everyone take care of their own heritage, I thought
this particular segment had a lot of inaccurate information that
would actually be destructive.  The guest was Craig Tuttle, author
of "An Ounce of Preservation."  One phrase he used was "pH
balanced."  He also used Filmoplast tape to repair an old torn
photo.  He said that Filmoplast is what a professional would use, so
you might as well do it yourself because the professional would
charge a lot for the same repair.

Cathy Atwood
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 8, 1997