Subject: Mold and historic building materials

Mold and historic building materials

From: Mary Ames B. Sheret <rogueriv<-a>
Date: Monday, March 31, 1997
I am looking for information on how to safely and effectively
eliminate mold from bricks and slabs of wood located in the basement
of a historic house museum. The room was flooded over New Year's day
and white mold (?) has formed on the wood slabs and big mold spores
are on the bricks. Are there materials we should *not* use because
they are historic building materials? Thanks in advance.

Mary Ames B. Sheret
Curator of Collections
Southern Oregon Historical Society
Medford, Oregon