Subject: Collage

Collage

From: Margaret E. Geiss-Mooney <mgmooney<-a>
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 1997
Linda_Williamson<-a t->tbccc01< . >tbc< . >gov< . >bc< . >ca writes

>I am planning a series of collages using old fabric and oil? or
>acrylic? paint and need some advice.
>
>In clearing out my mother's apartment on the weekend I found my
>first dress.  The dress is almost 50 years old.
>
>Has anyone any advice for me on how to mount the fabric without
>changing the colors of the fabric yet being able to preserve the
>fabric (as well as pictures and other small memorabilia) on
>canvas or primed masonite.

What you are planning to do is not reversible by any means now
known--perhaps just tacking the dress using hand sewing stitches to
a fabric covered board under an acrylic vitrine would make it
"collage-y" enough without permanently changing the whole nature of
the dress.

                  Distributed: Thursday, April 3, 1997