Subject: Mounting film

Mounting film

From: Chris Stavroudis <cstavrou<-a>
Date: Friday, March 28, 1997
I am submitting this request for Linda Shaffer who is not on the
list. I will forward all responses to her.

    I have received a David Hockney graphite drawing from the 1970's
    on architect's vellum. The work has been heat mounted to rag
    board with a thin, transparent film of some sort. The film is
    soluble in alcohol. It does not look like dry-mount tissue, Beva
    film, or Fusion 4000. I am told that the work was treated in
    London. Does anyone have an idea what this material might be?

    Linda Shaffer
    Paper Conservator
    1706 S. Genesee Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA  90019