Subject: Collage

Collage

From: Carol Wickenhiser-Schaudt <schaudt<-a>
Date: Wednesday, March 26, 1997
I received this query on  another list today.  Would any of you have an
answer for this woman?

    From: Linda_Williamson<-a t->tbccc01< . >tbc< . >gov< . >bc< . >ca
    Subject: Technical guidance/fabric and collage

    I am planning a series of collages using old fabric and oil? or
    acrylic? paint and need some advice.

    In clearing out my mother's apartment on the weekend I found my
    first dress.  The dress is almost 50 years old.

    Has anyone any advice for me on how to mount the fabric without
    changing the colors of the fabric yet being able to preserve the
    fabric (as well as pictures and other small memorabilia) on
    canvas or primed masonite.

    I considered as best option so far: soaking acrylic medium into
    the fabric and laying it onto layers of wet acrylic paint or
    gesso for adherence to the support.

    What am I getting myself into here?  Any advice is appreciated.

    Linda

Carol Wickenhiser-Schaudt
Scientific/Botanical Illustrator
Katy,Texas