Subject: Labelling microfilm boxes

Labelling microfilm boxes

From: Hilary A. Kaplan <bm.gsk<-a>
Date: Wednesday, March 26, 1997
I would appreciate any information about labeling *plastic*
microfilm storage boxes, the type of box in which film is frequently
returned by a microfilm processing vendor.  We are looking to
simplify the means by which we store security film from Georgia's
159 counties.  Which labels remain adhered to the plastic boxes for
the longest period of time?  (We recognize that labels will begin to
delaminate at some point, we are just attempting to identify those
which appear to adhere the longest.  Replacing labels as part of
ongoing maintenance is considered simpler than other housing options
considered.)

Hilary A. Kaplan
Conservator
Georgia Department of Archives and History
330 Capitol Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30334
404-656-3554
Fax: 404-651-8471