Subject: CD-ROM labels

CD-ROM labels

From: Marsha Maguire <marsham<-a>
Date: Wednesday, March 26, 1997
Jacob Trock <jacob.trock<-a t->post3< . >tele< . >dk> writes

>All in all, don't use labels, Use felt-tip pens without solvents,
>and write in the inner circle of the disc where there is no data
>(diameter = 45 mm or less).

I appreciate the message concerning the labeling of CDs with
adhesive-backed paper labels and the advice to use felt-tip pens
"without solvents" instead.  But what exactly is meant by felt-tip
pens without solvents?  Do you mean waterproof ink, or the "pigma"
pens that are available from companies such as Gaylord Brothers,
University Products, Conservation Resources, etc.?  We do need to
label our CDs in a permanent but safe way.  Thanks so much,

Marsha Maguire
Collections Librarian
Experience Music Project
110 110th Avenue, NE, Suite 550