Subject: Storage of oversize prints

Storage of oversize prints

From: Wendy Claire Jessup <prevcon<-a>
Date: Wednesday, March 12, 1997
This question came out on Museum-L.  Thought it appropriate for the
conservation community to discuss.  I will forward answers to
Museum-L.

    Date: 12 Mar 97
    From: Allison Smith <smitha<-a t->vmsb< . >csd< . >mu< . >edu>
    To:    Museum-L<-a t->home< . >ease< . >lsoft< . >com

    We've recently acquired a large serigraph print, which is too
    large for our flat file storage.  I am concerned about storing
    it rolled in an archival tube, since the ink is so thick, I'm
    afraid it may crack over time. Is this a true concern, or am I
    being overly cautious?

    If anyone out there has suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

    Allison A. Smith
    Registrar
    Haggerty Museum of Art

Wendy Jessup