Subject: Binocular microscopes

Binocular microscopes

From: Sharon Connell <libsac<-a>
Date: Thursday, March 13, 1997
We're hoping to buy a binocular microscope for the paper
conservation studio here at Leeds University Library. The budget's
about 2,000 Pounds and it's intended to be used as a basic tool for
the examination of paper based materials.

We've had quotations on two models so far--the Olympus SZ4060 and
the Meiji EMZ5TR - both of which seem pretty versatile and thus
capable of many more applications than are currently required, which
is a good thing.

This is a major purchase and we want to get it right, so does anyone
have any comments or suggestions as to which models might suit the
needs of a studio dealing with paper archives?

                  Distributed: Friday, March 14, 1997