Subject: Moisture meters

Moisture meters

From: Bob Gaydos <gaydos<-a>
Date: Thursday, March 13, 1997
Cathy Atwood <catwood<-a t->mail< . >sos< . >state< . >mo< . >us> writes

>After talking with the Gardner Company, and their consultation with
>the manufacturer (Delmhorst Instrument Company), we ordered the PA-2
>moisture meter and the 19-E electrode.

We too have used the Delmhorst moisture meter at PTI to measure the
moisture content of books.  We used their Model G-78 moisture meter
and their Type 43-E Clamp electrode. We prefer the 43-E electrode to
the Type 19-E blade type electrode for our use on books and
individual sheets of paper.  We have been satisfied with the data
generated by this unit. You can go direct to the manufacturer at:

    Delmhorst Instrument Company
    51 Indian Lane East
    Towaco, NJ 07082
    1-800-222-0638